A Law Firm Dedicated To The Craft Beer Industry Since 2009
Since 2009, Candace L. Moon, Esq. has been serving craft breweries nationwide and has more recently expanded her team to include everything you might need for your craft brewery. From the minute you decide you want to open a craft brewery of your own, Candace and her team at The Craft Beer Attorney are here to help.
We have five full time attorneys with extensive experience in brewery specific business formations, contract negotiations (ie. distribution, lease, contract brewing), as well as trademark and employment law. In addition, we have a full time agent to help with your TTB and ABC brewery licensing needs.
Here at The Craft Beer Attorney, we know what it takes to start, own and operate your craft brewery! That’s why we are also proactive with craft beer law education. We wrote the book on how to open a craft brewery the right way and we continue to educate with monthly webinars and pro bono talks at craft brewers guilds and craft brewers conferences nationwide.
We are YOUR one stop shop in craft beer law
(and if we can’t help you due to state law limitations, we can refer you to someone that can)!
List of services include:
- Business entity formation, including Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Organization, Partnership Agreements, Founders Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, Investor Agreements, By-Laws, Operating Agreements, etc.
- Employment law information, including Hiring Agreements, Non-disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements, Hiring Packets, Employee Handbooks, etc.
- Lease Review
- Distribution Contract review
- ABC/TTB applications consulting and/or filing, as well as general questions about what is allowed and not allowed
- Trademark clearance, filing and protection
- Trade secret creation and protection
- Copyright filing and protection
- On-going General Counsel services
NEW SERVICE OFFERED
1st Year Brewery Check Up – $2,500
A lot can change from the planning stages of your brewery to getting the doors open. Bringing in a your trusted craft beer attorney to help determine any issues that you may have is key at this time. This package includes one full day with one of our attorneys on-site to identify existing or potential issues that you may not have considered, as well as confirmation that you are compliant with current law.
Craft Beer Trademarks Filed
- Alesmith Brewing Company (California)
- Due South Brewing Co. (Florida)
- Green Flash Brewing Company (California)
- Drakes Brewing Company (California)
- Heretic Brewing Company (California)
- Calicraft Brewing Co. (California)
- Smartmouth Brewing Company (Virginia)
- Sactown Union Brewery (California)
- Jackie O’s (Ohio)
- Mother Earth (California)
- and more….
Craft Beer Clients
Proud Member of:
- June 15 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
- July 20 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 pm PDT
- August 17 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 pm PDT
As seen in the SD Daily Transcript By Kathleen Spero The Brewers Association, the national organization that represents 3,800 small and independent craft brewers in the United States, made headlines this April when it revised its Marketing and Advertising Code to...read more
We’d like to remind clients about self-distribution restrictions based on license type. Certain license types cannot accept beer that is self-distributed: Type 75 – All beer that a Type 75 brings on-site must come through a licensed distributor (i.e., Type 17). Drop...read more