Legal Services for the Craft Beer Industry Since 2009
Since 2009, Candace L. Moon, Esq. has been serving craft breweries nationwide and has more recently joined Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP’s Beer, Wine and Spirits Practice Group to expand the services we are able to offer your craft brewery.
From the minute you decide you want to open a craft brewery of your own, Candace and the Dinsmore team of attorneys are here to help. Our attorneys have extensive experience in brewery specific business formations, contract negotiations (ie. distribution, lease, contract brewing), as well as trademark and employment law. In addition, we have a full time agent to help with your TTB and ABC brewery licensing needs.
We know what it takes to start, own and operate your craft brewery! That’s why we are also proactive with craft beer law education. Candace helped write the book on how to open a craft brewery the right way and we continue to educate with monthly webinars and pro bono talks at craft brewers guilds and craft brewers conferences nationwide.
We are YOUR one stop shop in craft beer law
The Craft Beer Attorney is an informational website for the legal services of Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP’s Beer, Wine and Spirits Practice Group. We are dedicated to providing legal services for established breweries and breweries-in-planning nationwide. Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP has attorneys available from coast-to-coast, including offices in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
List of services include:
- Business entity formation, including Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Organization, Partnership Agreements, Founders Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, Investor Agreements, By-Laws, Operating Agreements, etc.
- Employment law information, including Hiring Agreements, Non-disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements, Hiring Packets, Employee Handbooks, etc.
- Lease Review
- Distribution Contract review
- ABC/TTB applications consulting and/or filing, as well as general questions about what is allowed and not allowed
- Trademark clearance, filing and protection
- Trade secret creation and protection
- Copyright filing and protection
- On-going General Counsel services
Contact the Craft Beer Attorney team
Craft Beer Clients
- Alesmith Brewing Company (California)
- Due South Brewing Co. (Florida)
- Green Flash Brewing Company (California)
- Drakes Brewing Company (California)
- Heretic Brewing Company (California)
- Calicraft Brewing Co. (California)
- Smartmouth Brewing Company (Virginia)
- Sactown Union Brewery (California)
- Jackie O’s (Ohio)
- Mother Earth (California)
- and more….
Craft Beer Trademarks Filed
Proud Member of:
Servicing craft breweries nationwide*
*Not all services available in every state
- March 4 @ 8:00 am - March 7 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
- April 8 @ 8:00 am - April 10 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
02.05.18 Fly Like an Eagle — Breweries Avoid Trademark Infringements with Fast, Direct Sales. For Now.
As seen in Good Beer Hunting - Last week, as the city of Philadelphia worked toward a fever pitch anticipating its hometown Eagles playing the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, fervor among beer fans reached an equally insatiable level. More than 15 hours of...read more
San Diego partner Candace Moon was recently profiled in a Daily Transcript story about the legal side of San Diego's booming craft beer industry. Moon has more than 350 craft beer clients. Bankruptcy partner Chris Celentino was also quoted in the story,...read more