Legal Services for the Craft Beer Industry Since 2009
Since 2009, Candace L. Moon, Esq. has been serving craft breweries nationwide and has more recently joined Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP’s Beer, Wine and Spirits Practice Group to expand the services we are able to offer your craft brewery.
From the minute you decide you want to open a craft brewery of your own, Candace and the Dinsmore team of attorneys are here to help. Our attorneys have extensive experience in brewery specific business formations, contract negotiations (ie. distribution, lease, contract brewing), as well as trademark and employment law. In addition, we have a full time agent to help with your TTB and ABC brewery licensing needs.
We know what it takes to start, own and operate your craft brewery! That’s why we are also proactive with craft beer law education. Candace helped write the book on how to open a craft brewery the right way and we continue to educate with monthly webinars and pro bono talks at craft brewers guilds and craft brewers conferences nationwide.
We are YOUR one stop shop in craft beer law
The Craft Beer Attorney is an informational website for the legal services of Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP’s Beer, Wine and Spirits Practice Group. We are dedicated to providing legal services for established breweries and breweries-in-planning nationwide. Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP has attorneys available from coast-to-coast, including offices in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
List of services include:
- Business entity formation, including Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Organization, Partnership Agreements, Founders Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, Investor Agreements, By-Laws, Operating Agreements, etc.
- Employment law information, including Hiring Agreements, Non-disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements, Hiring Packets, Employee Handbooks, etc.
- Lease Review
- Distribution Contract review
- ABC/TTB applications consulting and/or filing, as well as general questions about what is allowed and not allowed
- Trademark clearance, filing and protection
- Trade secret creation and protection
- Copyright filing and protection
- On-going General Counsel services
NEW SERVICE OFFERED
1st Year Brewery Check Up – $2,500
A lot can change from the planning stages of your brewery to getting the doors open. Bringing in a your trusted craft beer attorney to help determine any issues that you may have is key at this time. This package includes one full day with one of our attorneys on-site to identify existing or potential issues that you may not have considered, as well as confirmation that you are compliant with current law.
Craft Beer Clients
- Alesmith Brewing Company (California)
- Due South Brewing Co. (Florida)
- Green Flash Brewing Company (California)
- Drakes Brewing Company (California)
- Heretic Brewing Company (California)
- Calicraft Brewing Co. (California)
- Smartmouth Brewing Company (Virginia)
- Sactown Union Brewery (California)
- Jackie O’s (Ohio)
- Mother Earth (California)
- and more….
Craft Beer Trademarks Filed
Proud Member of:
- September 21 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
- October 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
- November 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PST
As seen in the San Diego Business Journal - By JOHN COX Originally published September 8, 2017 at 9:45 a.m., updated September 8, 2017 at 9:45 a.m. San Diego — Not long ago a California craft brewer with more passion than business know-how opted to launch without the...read more
As seen in The Daily Transcript - In June 2017, the Brewers Association -- a non-profit trade association representing the craft beer industry -- launched a new "Independent Craft" seal, available for free use by any brewery meeting certain criteria. In addition to...read more