Licensing & Compliance

Whether you need a TTB or ABC License review or you want a our dedicated craft beer law firm to complete your applications in full, we are here to help!

Both state and federal licensing is required before opening a craft brewery. The forms involved can be long, complicated, and downright confusing. But we are here to help from the initial application to label approvals in both jurisdictions. Our office has extensive experience with the maze of licensing required in getting start-ups both brewing and bottled. We can assist you in formulating a plan that takes into account sensitive timelines and frequently time-consuming formalities.

Furthermore, we are well-versed in the mountain of compliance issues faced by craft breweries and their staff. While compliance violations can be a costly misstep in your business, The Craft Beer Attorney, APC has years of practice assisting breweries with everything from tied-house restrictions, donations, social media, beer dinners, and other special events. We also keep a constant eye on new and proposed legislation in the craft beer industry so that we can keep you up to date and running as efficiently as possible.

We provide a full array of options for your licensing needs.


1 hour max

Although an ebb and flow of hours is expected, hours consistently exceeding themonthly allowance will be billed at $450/hr.

For a flat monthly fee, CBA will provide the below items:

  • Licensing
    • ABC
      • General compliance updates and guidance
      • Brand Registration, Price Posting
      • Excise tax returns, Sales and use tax
      • CalRecycles
    • TTB
      • General compliance updates and guidance
      • COLA submissions, Formula approval submissions
      • Brewers Report of Operations, Excise tax returns
    • Additional States
      • General compliance
  • Trademarks
    • Maintaining existing trademarks
      • Listed as contact with USPTO
      • Reminders of deadlines (SOUs and/or renewals)
  • Business
      • Serving as Agent of Process with the state
      • Annual filings (i.e. Statement of Information)
  • Employment
    o Basic compliance

Alcohol & Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau

California Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC)

    Don't miss out on our FREE Webinars!

    Sign up for our newsletter today

    The Original Craft Beer Lawyers - The Craft Beer Attorney The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.